Civil Litigation Claims Seminar
The purpose of this course is to better equip you in your professional activities as an Insurance Agent.
This course starts with three introductory modules. Module One provides an introduction to “the law”. Module Two is a discussion on legal syllogisms, the backbone of case analysis. Module Three is an overview of civil litigation procedures. Thereafter we attack civil litigation in a progression: pleadings > discovery> evidence > methods of proof > damages > settlements and releases and we conclude with arbitration.
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent.
- You are interested in additional information, resources, and knowledge regarding insurance and the legal environment of business in general.
There are ten key features to the Course Briefs Continuing Education courses:
- Module One: Introduction to the Law
- Module Two: Understanding Legal Syllogisms
- Module Three: Civil Procedures
- Module Four: Pleadings
- Module Five: Discovery
- Module Six: Evidence
- Module Seven – Methods of Proof
- Module Eight – Damages
- Module Nine – Settlements and Releases
- Module Ten – Arbitration