HIPAA Self-Directed Study Course Self-Directed Study Course
The purpose of this course is to provide you with the tools to better inform your customers about Health Insurance Portability and Accountability.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with the tools to better inform your customers about Health Insurance Portability and Accountability. In the first Module we are going to discuss a brief History and Overview of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability. In the second Module we are going to look into Titles I, II, and III. In Module Three we discuss HIPAA Titles IV and V. The course concludes with Module Four a review of the “Working-Definitions” of Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act as well as health coverage in general. This course also includes an Appendix on HIPAA Security concepts.
What is a Self-Directed Study Course? With Self-Directed study you will study the course content at your pace (with no unit quizzes), and then you will take a non-proctored, open-book Final Exam. Simple as that. You can take the Final Exam as many times as you need to pass the course.
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent.
- You are interested in additional information, resources, and knowledge regarding the inner workings of HIPAA and health insurance in general.
There are four key features to the Course Briefs Continuing Education courses:
- Module One: History and Overview
- Module Two: HIPAA Titles I, II, and III
- Module Three: HIPAA Titles IV and V
- Module Four: Health Insurance Working Definitions