Insurance Claims Law Seminar
The purpose of this course is to better equip you in your professional activities as an Insurance Agent.
This course starts with two introductory modules. Module One provides an introduction to “the law” and Module Two a discussion on legal syllogisms, the backbone of case analysis. Thereafter we attach claims law in a progression: tort law > liability defenses > comparative negligence > the insurer’s duty to defend the insured > the insurer’s duty to investigate and settle claims > bad faith. We conclude with the claims topics of subrogation and arson.
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent.
- You are interested in additional information, resources, and knowledge regarding insurance and the legal environment of business in general.
This course consists of ten Modules; each Module concludes with a Knowledge Check in the form of a Module Quiz; the course concludes with a cumulative Final Exam.
- Module One: Introduction to the Law
- Module Two: Understanding Legal Syllogisms
- Module Three: Tort Law
- Module Four: Liability Defenses
- Module Five: Comparative Negligence
- Module Six: Duty to Defend
- Module Seven – Duty to Investigate and Settle
- Module Eight – Bad Faith
- Module Nine – Subrogation
- Module Ten – Arson