Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
The purpose of this course is to better equip you in your professional activities as an Insurance Agent or Insurance Adjuster.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with the tools to better inform your customers about Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) and “managed health care” in general. In the first Module we are going to discuss an Overview of PPOs. In the second Module we delve into PPO Plans. In Module Three we discuss other Health Insurance Plan options. The course concludes with Module Four a review of the “Working-Definitions” of PPOs and Health Insurance in general. This course also includes an Appendix on Medicare Advantage PPO plans (you should review this material but you will not be test on it).
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent or Adjuster.
- You are interested in additional information, resources, and knowledge regarding insurance and the legal environment of business in general.
What should you know about PPOs so that you can be a more effective insurance agent? It’s essential to understand a little background information and terminology about PPOs; and the different Health Insurance Plan types.
This course consists of four Modules; each Module concludes with a Key Takeaway section; these are important and are the basis of the Module Quizzes and Final Exam.
- Module One: PPO Overview
- Module Two: The PPO Option
- Module Three: Other Health Insurance Plan Options
- Module Four: PPO Working Definitions