The Internet of Things
The purpose of this course is to better equip you in your professional activities as an Insurance Agent or Insurance Adjuster.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with useful information concerning The Internet of Things. The Internet of Things (IoT) is a network of physical objects embedded with sensors, software, and other technologies for connecting and sharing data with other devices and systems over the internet. These gadgets vary from everyday items such as cell phones and smartwatches to sophisticated industrial machinery, among other things. You will review topics such as “hyperconnectivity”, “wearables”, and “digital business ecosystems”. The course also reviews IoT challenges such as disruption, fraud, regulation, and secure/reliable data management. The course concludes with a module on current IoT Application such as Progressive Snapshot, Metromile, and Beam Digital to name a few.
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent or Adjuster.
- You are interested in additional information, resources, and knowledge regarding Cyber Security and other related online threats to better protect yourself, your company, and your clients.
This course consists of four Modules; each Module concludes with a Key Takeaway section; these are important and are the basis of the Module Quizzes and Final Exam.
- Module One: Internet of Things Overview
- Module Two: IoT and the Insurance Industry
- Module Three: IoT Applications
- Module Four: Internet of Things “Working-Definitions”