The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
The purpose of this course is to better equip you in your professional activities as an Insurance Agent or Insurance Adjuster.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with a better understanding and knowledge of the PPACA and its foundational provisions. In the first Module we are going to discuss a brief History and Overview of Affordable Care Act. In the second module we delve into The Impact of the Affordable Care Act on Healthcare in the U.S. In Module Three we review Medicare, Medicaid and its changes due to the Affordable Care Act. The course concludes with Module Four a review of the “working-definitions” of Healthcare and the Affordable Care Act.
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent or Adjuster.
- You are interested in additional information and resource knowledge regarding the inner workings of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
What should you know about Affordable Care Act approved healthcare plans so that you can be a more effective insurance agent? It’s essential to understand how the 2014 law passed works to understand Affordable Care Act compliant plans more successfully. We have a little more housekeeping to discuss and then we will take a quick look at the Affordable Care Act in general. Keep in mind that there a brief update to the laws of the Affordable Care Act in the Appendices at the end of the course.
This course consists of four Modules; each Module concludes with a Key Takeaway section; these are important and are the basis of the Module Quizzes and Final Exam.
- Module One: Overview and History of the Affordable Care Act
- Module Two: The Impact of ACA on Healthcare
- Module Three: Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act
- Module Four: Healthcare and ACA “Working- Definitions”