Last Updated: April 2022
At American Insurance College we take the privacy of all visitors to our websites very seriously. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) informs you how the American Insurance College handles privacy matters and processes your personal data.
This Privacy Notice covers all American Insurance College (AIC) owned and managed websites, products and services and the data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly or via chat message, or via email (collectively, the “Sites” and/or the “Services”). This Notice provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via these websites, via chat or via email. By using the Sites and our Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice. This Notice only applies to Personal Data (as defined below) and other information collected by us from: (i) visitors to our Site and users of our Services, (ii) job applicants, (iii) Partners that utilize our Service for their employee training, and (iv) Affiliates that are resellers of our Services.
Strict Non-Discrimination Policy
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive different price or rate for goods or service or at a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
Information Collected Policy
While using our Services, you may be required to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data we collect in accordance with law and at times required for regulatory and compliance purposes, may include, but is not limited to:
- Credit and debit card number or other payment data
- Data made available by linking your social media or other accounts to create an account on our platform
- Date and/or place of birth
- Driver’s license information
- Email address, business and personal
- Financial information in limited circumstances
- Geolocation information
- Language preference
- Membership or loyalty program data
- Pictures or videos you submit
- Postal address, business and personal
- Social Security Number
- Telephone number, business and personal
The American Insurance College may receive personal information from our Partners or Affiliates in order to perform services. We may also receive personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media platforms, or third-party partners such as analytics or marketing providers.
- Log & Device data. When you visit our Site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, how long you spent on our Site, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
- Our third-party service providers may provide us information that tells us how our marketing ads, often placed on third party sites, performed and who clicked on them. This information does not identify any specific individual and is generally non-identifying. If we were to associate it with you, we would treat it as personal data.
Information Sharing Policy
We use your information mainly to provide our Services and set up your account with us. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To facilitate, operate, and provide our Service, specifically to deliver training to you and create your account with us related to that training. This includes authenticating your identity which allows access to our Services, and to provide assistance and support for our Services.
- To support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error or any illegal or prohibited activity.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation based on the Services we provide, like driver’s education, workplace safety training, and/or continuing education, In those instances, we may have to share student data with state or federal agencies as part of our course or exam completion reporting.
- To facilitate and optimize our marketing campaigns, ad management and sales operations, and to manage and deliver advertisements for our products and services more effectively, including on other websites and applications and providing referral codes. Such activities allow us to highlight the benefits of using our Service, and thereby to increase your engagement and overall satisfaction with our Service. This includes contextual, behavioral and interests-based advertising based on activity, preferences or other data available to us or to our Partners;
- To contact our Visitors, Users and Customers (whether existing or prospective) with general or personalized service-related messages, as well as promotional messages that may be of specific interest to them, and to facilitate, sponsor and offer certain events. If you prefer not to receive emails from us, please select the unsubscribe link provided in our emails and we will honor that request.
- To publish your submitted feedback to our websites, where you have provided your consent to such use.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this Notice or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out or opt in, to having your personal information shared.
- Analytics. Specifically, for analytics providers, we use Google Tag Manager, Pingdom, HotJar, Emarsys, Visual Website Optimizer (VWO). There are services that track and report website traffic.
- Business Transfers. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Notice. In such transitions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. In the unlikely event that we or substantially all of our assets are acquired or enter a court proceeding, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that your personal information can continue to be used as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- Third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. We also engage Service Providers to provide services such as customer relationship management tools, marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We only authorize them to use or disclose your personal information in connection with providing their services to us.
The Site may use Strictly Necessary Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting Cookies and Social Media Cookies. Any of these may be first-party cookies or third-party cookies, persistent or session.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features. Depending on context, Functional Cookies may store certain types of Personal Information as needed to provide functionality.
- Performance Cookies: We use these cookies to count visits and traffic sources, to measure and improve Site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. Performance Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Social Media Cookies: Social Media Cookies make social sharing easier for you, provide you with tools to connect with the Site, and help us better understand both the audience for the Site and the effectiveness of our social media outreach. These are third-party cookies from Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Your choices with respect to such cookies are determined by the social media platforms on which you have accounts.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies without which you would not be able to use this Site. For example, Strictly Necessary Cookies adjust the Site data transmitted to match your Internet connection, get you to the secure versions of the Site, and help provide services you specifically request. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of the Site will not work. Strictly Necessary Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Targeting Cookies: Targeting cookies help us manage and display our advertisements, based on your activity on the Site and other sites; this is known as interest-based advertising. Targeting cookies mainly rely on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. To better serve users’ preferences, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://youradchoices.com), website to learn more about their members who deliver tailored online ads and your choices to opt-out of receiving them. Opting out of interest-based advertising does not mean you will no longer see advertising online, but it does mean that the companies from which you opt out will no longer show ads that have been tailored to your interests. We work with Google, Bing, Facebook, and LinkedIn to serve ads. These cookies enable us and our partners to serve ads based on your activities on our Site and other websites on the Internet. You may opt out of the use of the Google Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Third Party Exposure Policy
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
Data Storage and Data Transfer Policy
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
- We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of headquarters for processing and storing. In addition, it may be processed by staff operating outside the office area who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff may be engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your data is treated securely and in agreement with this Privacy Notice.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Right to Access and Information Regarding Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Right to Opt-Out Policy
Given we do not sell your personal information to third parties, the right to opt out is not applicable.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights Policy
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request via email to [email protected]
- Calling us toll-free at 866-506-0139
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes Policy
California Civil Code § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to request that our affiliates and other third parties do not utilize your data for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below.
Do Not Track Policy
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Children’s Information Policy
Our site is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
California Consumers Policy
Additional Notice for California Consumers – This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in California.
We describe the personal information we have collected from consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, “Information We Collect” above. The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, (confirm other identifiers – unique id #).
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” and (2) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Collect” above such as credit card information, debit card information and other financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: age, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, and military status.
- Commercial information, including information about orders or purchases of any of our products or services; registration information, specials, and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, survey or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, advertisements that we display on our websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps, or accounts on third-party social media platforms.
- Geolocation data.
- Biometric information, such as voice recognition, keystroke capture, and/or facial recognition that may be required to authenticate the user for compliance purposes.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be reported, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information described above.
- Professional or employment-related information including business content or service specialty areas and business contact information such as name, title, company name, physical address, email address, telephone number, and facsimile number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumers preference and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
For more information, please see “Information We Collect” and “Information Collected Automatically” above.
American Insurance College does not “sell” your personal information as we understand that term to be defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act and its implementing regulations. We do however provide your information to those companies we have contracted with to help provide some part of our services. We don’t intend for our services to be used by anyone under 13 and don’t knowingly collect or disclose data of individuals under 13.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Resident Consumers for various business purposes and as a service provider. For more information about what all we disclosed and the entities we disclosed to and why, please see “Information We Share” above.
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the personal information we collect, please see “How We Use your Information/Sharing and Disclosure” section above.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at:
American Insurance College
815 Beville Road – Suite B
South Daytona, FL 32119
American Insurance College
819 Forest Parkway D – Suite D
Forest Park, GA 30297
Email: [email protected]