Deferred Annuities Explained – Classroom Equivalent
The purpose of this course is to better equip you in your professional activities as an Insurance Agent or Insurance Adjuster.
The purpose of this course is to provide you with the tools to better inform your customers about deferred annuities. There are four Modules in this course; each Module concludes with a Key Takeaways section; these are important and are the basis of the Module Quizzes and Final Exam
In Module One we examine the details of annuities: when Annuities start to make income payments; how Annuities are alike and how they are different. In Module Two we explore the valuation of Fixed Annuities, Fixed Indexed Annuities, and Variable Annuities. Module Three discusses all of the information an Annuitant should know to make an informed Annuity investment: fees, charges, and adjustments; how Annuities pay benefits; how they are taxed; and questions every agent should ask before making an annuity recommendation. We conclude this course with Module Four, a working-vocabulary of Annuity terms, concepts, and definitions.
This course makes a few assumptions about you the student:
- You are a currently licensed Insurance Agent or Adjuster.
- You are interested in additional information and processes in your presentation to and education of current and potential customers.
- You are interested in additional information and processes in the training of your office staff.
There are four Modules in this course; each Module concludes with a Key Takeaways section; these are important and are the basis of the Module Quizzes and Final Exam.
- Module One: Annuity Basics
- Module Two: Annuity Values
- Module Three: Annuity Structure
- Module Four: Annuity Definitions
The state of Texas requires 50% of your Continuing Education hours to be either Classroom or Classroom Equivalent. Our Classroom Equivalent courses do not have a Final Exam - they are completed by reviewing online content and then answering simple interactive questions spaced throughout the course modules.