Xactimate Levels 1 & 2 Training
For Contractors and Adjusters: Beginner/Intermediate Xactimate Users
Contractors and Remediators – We teach you everything we learned from the insurer’s side, and we bring it to your side!
Xactimate Training for easier, faster, and more accurate estimates.
Level 1 and Level 2 training starts with the fundamentals and takes you all the way through to advanced estimating. You will be taught the fastest and easiest ways to use Xactimate to sketch, scope, document, and deliver professional estimates that close claims fast and get you paid quickly. The class is taught by Xactimate Certified Trainer – Bruce Authement. Bruce is 20+ year experienced CAT Adjuster who will teach you best practices, shortcuts, and hacks to make your estimating fast, easy, and accurate. In your Level 1 and Level 2 course you will learn:
Sketching: Introductory to Advanced
Loss Scoping: Introductory to Advanced
Photo and Note Strategies
When you are done with the course you will be capable of easily passing Level 1 and 2 Certification Exams (click here for more information on Xactimate Certification Exams).
In the Level 1 – Fundamentals Course you will learn to:
- Use the 4-Step estimating process to estimate an interior, exterior, structure, or roof loss.
- Enter Claim Information.
- Use Xactimate’s Sketch window to sketch a loss, add and manipulate room features, and use room variables.
- Scope a Loss by adding Line Items to your estimate.
- Complete an Estimate and view, print, email, and export your estimate.
- Use Xactimate’s powerful Tools and Help features.
- Be prepared to take and pass the Level 1 – Fundamentals Certification Exam.
In the Level 2 – Proficiency Course you will learn to:
- Enter more detailed Claim Info.
- Use Sketch to enter and manipulate interiors, exteriors, elevations, structures, and roofs.
- Add manipulate Multiple Levels, Level Properties, Sketch Options
- Powerfully use Grouping Members and the Global Changes Wizard.
- Use the Estimates Window to Search and add estimate Line Items.
- Use Elevation Grouping Member and Elevation Dimensioning to add line items
- Use Macros to save time and add accuracy to your estimates.
- Use Templates to save time and add accuracy to your estimates
- Be prepared to take and pass the Level 2 Proficiency Certification Exam
Meet Your Instructor
Our webinars are taught by Master Certified Xactimate Instructor, Bruce Authement, and they are identical to our Live Classroom courses except with the benefit that you can attend the course from your home or office. Bruce is the current president of the National Association of Catastrophe Adjusters and has 20 years of experience as a catastrophe adjuster and trainer. Additionally, your Webinar will be recorded and made available for you to use as a resource for later viewing. Bruce will slowly demonstrate each lesson and then will work with the class as each participant replicates in Xactimate what they have been taught. Bruce breaks down each activity into small bite-size chunks so they can be easily digested and learned. Each activity builds on the one that preceded it. You can ask as many questions as you like as the Webinar is intended to be interactive between the Bruce and participants.
Our Teaching Style – Step by Step
First: Instruction are given on the “what” and “why” of a lesson.
Second: A slow step-by-step instructor demonstration of each incremental activity in the lesson is presented.
Third: Participants then undertake the same activities with instructor oversight. Need help? Just ask Bruce in the webinar, send a chat, or share your screen.
Fourth: Your instructor will confirm with each student that they have confidently and competently performed the activity in the lesson.
Fifth: Keep in mind, we never move forward until all participants understand and can complete an activity or lesson…never.
Xactimate Certification Exams
1. Sketch and Scope Lab. In this hands-on lab, individuals are required to use their own locally installed Xactimate (or Online version) to create an estimate. The most recent version of Xactimate is required. The estimate consists of a Sketch and scope scenario that must be completed accurately. The estimate will be used to answer the questions found in the Practical Exam section. The Sketch and Scope labs are not timed, and individuals may exit and return to the lab as needed prior to beginning the Practical Exam and Knowledge Exam. The approximate time required to complete this section is 60–120 minutes.
2. Practical Exam. In this section of the exam, individuals are asked 30 questions pertaining to the estimate created in the Sketch and Scope labs. Questions are specific to the scope, quantities, dimensions, and pricing from the estimate. This section of the exam is timed. The approximate time required to complete this section is 30 – 90 minutes. Passing grade is 70%.
3. Knowledge Exam. This portion of the exam consists of 30 multiple-choice, true/false, and matching questions. Questions are related to the learning objectives listed below in the Knowledge Requirements section of this document. This section of the exam is timed. The approximate time required to complete this section is 30 – 90 minutes. Passing grade is 70%.
Our Guarantee to You:
- You will learn the best and fastest way to use Xactimate from Experts.
- You will learn “best practices”; what to do and what not to do – you may be using Xactimate now but not in the best and fastest ways.
- We teach you to create Xactimate estimates that clearly document a Loss – settle claims and get claims paid fast.
- You will learn from Master Instructors to easily and powerfully use Templates, Macros, Photos, and Notation to speed you up and to document your Claims thoroughly.
- You will participate in Quarterly Xactimate Updates – Xactimate Certified Trainers participate in corporate update meetings on a quarterly basis; we then pass that information on to our students on what’s “new” in Xactimate to keep you up to date.
- We get you prepared to pass Xactimate Level 1 & Level 2 Certification Exams.
Xactimate Certified Trainer (XCT)
- Xactimate Certified Trainers are properly educated in accordance with Verisk’s high standards. We are trained Users and Teachers of Xactimate to best prepare our students to use Xactimate confidently and to pass Xactimate Certification Exams.
- Xactimate Certified Trainers receive instruction on the tips and tricks of building estimates with Xactimate and to fully harnessing Xactimate (and of course we generously share that information with our students).
- Xactimate Certified Trainers have completed the most prestigious Xactware training programs and are authorized to train the public. Prospective trainers are thoroughly trained and then observed in onsite training and evaluations prior to certification.
- When you study with an Xactimate Certified Trainer (XCT) you will confidently learn how to use Xactimate and also be prepared for Xactimate Certification Exams.